Department of the Attorney General

Department of the Attorney General
Law Compass

Paying fines

There are serious consequences for not paying fines in WA, including driver's licence suspension and imprisonment. If you do not pay a fine or infringement, it is referred to the Fines Enforcement Registry for collection.

Pay my fines

State Government is clamping down on fine defaulters.

Infringement notices

Infringement notices are issued by the police, local government authorities and various other prosecuting agencies, either in person or through the post. You can get infringement tickets for things like speeding, illegal parking, not registering your car, littering or failing to have safety equipment on a boat.

Check if your licence has been suspended

Find out if your driver's licence has been suspended for the non-payment of a fine or infringement.

Record of traffic convictions

Are you applying for a job that will require you to be on the road? Does your potential employer want a copy of your record of traffic convictions? Apply through WA Police.

Court fines

A court fine is a fine handed down by a judge, magistrate or justice of the peace in a WA court. You may receive a court fine for an offence such as drink driving, disorderly behaviour, theft or a drug-related crime.

If you don't pay your fine or infringement

If you do not pay the fine, or make time-to-pay arrangements within 28 days of receiving the fine, the court refers the matter to FER. Not paying your court fines and infringement notices can have serious consequences.

Legal assistance

If your licence is under fine suspension and you were unaware, you may be able to apply to the court to have the licence suspension order set aside.